If a fuel card is secured by the Card Locking System, then it’s “locked” by default and it needs to be “unlocked” before it can be used for POS transaction. (That means transactions made physically with the card, such as fueling, purchase of services, etc.) Otherwise it’s not possible to perform a successful POS transaction even if the correct PIN code is used. There are several ways how to unlock a fuel card secured by the Card locking system:
Card locking system is now available also for Eurowag EASY card
The Card Locking System is now available not only for Eurowag EASY cards. Thanks to this unique system you can easily prevent fuel card misuse and it helps you to control all cards in the fleet. Forget about worries in case of loss or theft and just be always safe cause it can be managed by an authorized person only.
Let us introduce you how it all works
- The card is unlocked by the driver via SMS
- The card is unlocked by the operator (e.g. dispatcher) via SMS
- The card is unlocked via client’s web
After 30 minutes, the card is then automatically locked again.
Who can unlock cards?
A) Drivers whose telephone number has been registered in Client portal. As soon as a driver arrives at a service station, he sends the text message "OPEN" to +420 720 013 030 or +420 736 302 331.
B) Operators whose telephone number has been registered in Client portal. As soon as a driver arrives at a service station, he informs the operator, who sends the text message "MAN Card No" to +420 720 013 030 or +420 736 302 331.
How to enable the service in the system
- Log in to the Client Portal
- Go to the Card Management / Card List section, select the cards you wish to place in the locking system. You can change the settings after clicking on the card detail.
- In Card locking system section then register the telephone numbers of the drivers (operators) from which it will be possible to unlock the assigned cards via SMS.
Detailed instructions are available here.
We wish you secure days.