5 New Year’s Resolutions for Truck Drivers in 2021
The start of a new year is a great opportunity for self-reflection. You can think about the previous year, and how you want this year to be different.
Many people start the new year off with resolutions: goals they want to achieve during that year. And while resolutions are usually made on January 1st, it’s still not too late to set some goals for the upcoming year.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are 5 great resolutions for truckers. Which will you try to follow?
- Start a new hobby. Hobbies are a great way to improve your skills, keep your mind and body active, and simply have fun! If you’re looking for a new hobby this year, why not try something you can take with you on the road? Photography is a great one to try out. Most phone cameras can take good quality pictures, and you can find some great scenes while on the road!
- Get more exercise. As a trucker, it can be hard to find time to exercise, especially when you spend so much time on the road. But regular exercise is a key part of a healthy life. Luckily, there are many exercise routines designed just for truckers. Want some ideas? Just check out any of these videos!
- Eat more healthy food. When you’re on the road, it’s easy to eat food that’s fast and cheap – but not very healthy. The best way to eat more healthy food? Prepare your meals ahead of time. Try to include lots of fruits and vegetables and avoid too much extra sugar. You’ll notice a difference!
- Spend more quality time with loved ones. Truckers have to spend a lot of time away from family – it’s part of the job. But you can try to increase the quality of the time you get with loved ones. Make time spent together more meaningful by doing things you truly want to do. Both you and your loved ones will appreciate it.
- Make safety your priority. Driving always involves some risks. But you can reduce those risks by being conscious of them. Make sure you get enough sleep, remove distractions from the cabin, and follow safe driving practices.
Do you have some resolutions you’re trying to follow this year? Share them with us on our Facebook group Truck Stars!