Toll in the Czech Republic
The toll in the Czech Republic applies to vehicles with a weight of over 3.5 tonnes. Toll amounts are not subject to VAT.
Toll is collected using an “OBU” (On-Board Unit) installed in the vehicle. An OBU can be obtained by paying a CZK 1,550 deposit, which is refundable. The deposit can be paid by Eurowag card.
There are two ways to pay toll in the Czech Republic:
- Post-pay – toll is paid in arrears, at regular intervals, based on actual motorway/expressway use. Registration for the Post-pay system is possible at any of 15 contact points located throughout the Czech Republic, or via Eurowag;
- Pre-pay – a balance is maintained on the OBU by “charging” it. Everything you need for Pre-pay is available at so-called “distribution points” (in most cases, these are petrol stations located on the motorway/expressway immediately prior to the beginning of a tolled segment.
The official website of the toll system operator in the Czech Republic is www.mytocz.cz.
Eurowag’s package offers:
- best Czech Republic toll payment conditions in the market;
- on-line registration of new vehicles considerably simplifies and speeds up your administration;
- clear, easy-to-understand on-line reporting for easy invoicing of all your toll payments in the Czech Republic.
Does our offer appeal to you? Get in touch
with us via the on-line form. Apply now